Montessori teaching is a non-traditional method that infuses education techniques with a thorough understanding of child development. Montessori teachers foster independent growth in their students, acting more like guides than traditional teachers. Candidates must complete an accredited Montessori training program to be eligible to teach.
Summary of Position:
The Miami Gardens Montessori teacher understands and promotes the school’s mission, vision, objectives, and policies both within and outside the immediate school community. The teacher is responsible for providing a Montessori classroom/instructional program that supports the individual needs of the children in accordance with the school’s mission and vision.
- The teacher creates instruction that supports the development of the cognitive
- physical and spiritual growth of the child.
- The teacher is responsible for preparing an environment that meets the sensitive period/plane of development of the children he/she works with.
- The teacher is responsible for communication that supports an understanding of the school’s program
Education and Experience
- Montessori trained and certified
- BS or higher
- Previous experience in teaching in a Montessori setting preferred Knowledge
- Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and skill in instructional principles
- methods and techniques of Montessori program
- Skill in obtaining
- clarifying and exchanging information
- Skill in classroom management
- Skill in handling student discipline
- Ability to organize and coordinate activities
- Ability to serve as role model and treat students as individuals in a professional manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people in a multi-cultural
- diverse setting
- Ability to make supplemental Montessori materials for classroom
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com You must clearly indicate the role title in your submission. Only applicants being interviewed will be contacted. All replies will be treated with the highest level of discretion. RJ Spencer Construction is an equal opportunity employer.